3.2.10

Thoughts from a Director's head and a Father's heart.

My life was rebooted the 13th of October 2008. I had delivered my daughter in the Kindergarden, was on my way to run a seminar in the capital city of Norway but dropped by the local hospital for a quick x-ray on my way as I had recently experienced some vague pain in my chest. I was unaware that I was just about to be hit by a stormwind. Until that very moment, my life was CEO of Kids and Media, Master student at Norwegian School of Management, father of 2 and happily married. Suddenly, everything was put into play, and the outcome most uncertain.

I call the 13th of Oct 08 ”The day my life went from 100 to 0 in 8 seconds. Eight seconds: The approximate time the executive doctor needed to say ”You have to step into my office for a talk, I am afraid I have some serious news for you.” It appeared that there was a tumor in my chest at the size of my fist. She expected it to be cancer. And she was right.

My name is Oystein Samnoen, I am the director of Kids and Media, an international organisation based in Norway. I call my blog ”Thoughts from a director’s head and a father’s heart”. I will write just as much as a father as a director of an NGO focusing on children’s use of media.

This is my first entry, ”I’ll be back”. (Quote, Arnold Schwarzenegger ;-)

Oystein Samnoen

No comments:

Post a Comment